Dear All~
I apologize for taking so long to let everyone know the details of my trip. But..here they are!
I woke up Friday morning with probably the worst migraine headaches I've had in a while. Then, my flight from Charlotte to Philly was delayed for two hours that I missed my international flight to Madrid. So, I got put on a later flight to London-Heathrow. THEN, we were running out of gas and had to re-route to Gatwick to re-fuel. While there, we had a medical emergency on board and the paramedics had to come on board to check out the passenger. I think we were there for about 2 hours. Once we got to Heathrow, I had only 3 hours to get checked in with British Airways and then get to my terminal. I stood in line for 2 hours of that just to get checked in. Has anyone ever flown through Heathrow?..it's a nightmare! No signs anywhere! Ha, once I got checked in, I didn't realize that they had spelled my name wrong on the ticket and so they had to make phone calls to see if it was going to be a problem. Fortunately, it wasn't. I finally made it to Malaga where my friends were waiting on me, but I got in so late on Saturday night that we missed the ferry to go to Morocco. We had to stay at the Tryp Guadelamar Hotel. The next morning we got up early to catch the ten o'clock ferry, which ended up being very rough. The guy sitting behind us on the ferry got sick..and let's just say it was pretty bad. :(
When we crossed the border into Morocco, they had had such bad weather that there was flash flooding and shop owners were trying to sweep water and mud out of their stores. Fortunately we were in a SUV that we were able to make it through the water and mud with no trouble.
So, I arrived at my brother's house Sunday morning (unfortunately with no luggage), 43 hours after I left my house in Mobile.
It's good to be on the ground and not traveling by plane or ferry any more. I'm so happy to be here. I have felt pretty good considering the trip over, however I'm still getting over jet lag.
I finally received my bags on Tuesday, and that adventure in itself really introduced me to the way things go over here. Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore!
I'm grateful that despite the crazy trip, I'm here safe and sound.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment