Friday, October 3, 2008

Back to the Grind

ﺍﻟﺴﻼم ﻋﻟﻳﮑﻡ
Salam Walekum!

Greetings from Morocco!

I just finished my first partial week at work. I began as a Compass employee on Wednesday. This week was the end of Ramadan, so Wednesday and Thursday was a national holiday. Consequently, no Moroccans showed up for work for those two days. Even today, Friday, there were very few that decided to come in to work. For me, I look at it as a blessing. Fewer people around for my first few days.

This job is definitely challenging. I'm learning new things and also applying what I already know to try and help out what's happening here. Right now I am the assistant Financial Controller, but as of Dec. 19 I become the Financial Controller. Hopefully, over the next couple of months I will be able to soak up any and all information I need to do this job successfully. I am becoming a sponge. :)

My first day, Erik (my supervisor) took me around to all the different sites associated with Compass. It was quite a trip! One of the sites is right on the coast, and very beautiful! I wish I had taken my camera to show you pictures (but alas I didn't know we were going, so I didn't have it with me). But believe me, I don't go anywhere without my camera now! The first few days were a bit boring, but today Erik actually let me do something. It makes things a bit less boring when you're doing work.

I hope everyone is well. I miss y'all dearly. Please be praying for my parents as they will be traveling over here next Tuesday. I can't wait to see them.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I am so very happy for you! Your trip sounded a bit hairy and reminded me of some that I've taken in the past. Enjoy every moment :-)
May God bless you and keep you, may He make His face shine upon you and give you peace.

Anonymous said...

hey lydia.... you do not know how much we miss you! :) but it seems like you are having a great time........... Can not wait to see you. i love you,
love anna